Top 10 Must Watch Bollywood Movies | MOVIE MANIA

, , No Comments
Here is another piece of information about me. Not that you care, which is a reason for me to ramble about it anyway. I am huge Bollywood maniac! I mean I can bet on my PHD in Dharma production in literally anything.

I never ace anything in life but when I do, it's Bollywood quizzes. Anyway, so I thought it will be really cool to pick out my top ten favorite Bollywood Mo
vies. Now let's have that disclaimer shit so nobody gets any reason to judge me. These are my favorite picks. It doesn't necessarily means, every single specie on Earth will show liking towards them.

With that being said, let's jump to the list.

10. Jab We Met (2007)


At number 10, we have Jab We Met, a movie by Imtiaz Ali. This one is a light watch. You'll have so much fun watching this one honestly. 

Jab We Met is about a heart broken industrialist Aditya Kashyp (Shahid Kapoor) who is on an unexpected journey with a gorgeous but annoying/talkative stranger, Geet Dhillion (Kareena Kapoor). Join their adventurous journey to finding the least expected things and least expected timings.

"Nobody can control what's going to happen in future, so I do what my heart tells me. I don't want to blame anyone later and say, "My life got ruined because of you". No matter what my life becomes, I know it will be because of me, so I'll be happy." - Geet Dhillion 


9. Kahaani (2012)


Trust me when I say this, I was on edge while watching this movie. It has one of those plot twists which just leave your mouth hanging. A brilliant thriller executed by Sujoy Ghosh
Kahaani is about a pregnant woman, Vidya Bagchi (Vidya Balan) who is in search of her husband who was on an assignment but suddenly went missing.




8. Hera Pheri (2000)


A total opposite from the one above, Hera Pheri will leave you in fits of giggles and laughter. Perfect timing of a rich comedy by Priyadarshan.  It is about three entirely different men with single similarity of being desperate for money getting somehow involved in a gangster's plan to kidnap a wealthy man's granddaughter. 

THIS. MOVIE. HAS. AKSHAY. KUMAR. *HEART EYES*


7. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011)


Okay, hold up! You will, I repeat, you will value your precious little life after watching this one. I know, sounds a drag. But you will. Zoya Akhtar takes us to a road trip to Spain with three charming lifelong friends who celebrate life in a beautiful manner.

Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho. Toh zinda ho tum! 
Nazar mein khwaabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho Toh zinda ho tum! 
Hawa ke jhonkon ke jaise aazad rehna seekho 
Tum ek dariya ke jaise, leharon mein behna seekho
Har ek lamhe se tum milo khole apni baahein 
Har ek pal ek naya samaa dekhiye 
Jo apni aankhon mein hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho Toh zinda ho tum! 
Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho Toh zinda ho tum! 

Translation by Vibhuism;

If You are moving with an Eagerness in Your Heart, Then You are Alive. 
IF you possess the Lightening of Dreams in your eyes, Then You are Alive. 
Learn to Live Freely like the Gusts of Wind does, 
Learn to Flow in Waves Like a River does. 
Meet every Moment with Open Arms Always in your Life, 
Every Moment a new Weather should be seen by these Eyes.
If You are moving with a Bewilderment in your Eyes, Then You are Alive.. 
If You are moving with an Eagerness in Your Heart, Then You are Alive.

6. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013)


I remember the time I watched this movie with my cousins. It was a cozy winter night with a different breeze embracing us. A combination of fairy lights and caffeine.
Let's please, take a moment to thank Ayan Mukherji for the masterpiece.

YJHD is a story of two entirely different characters, Bunny (Ranbir Kapoor) is a reckless charmer and Naina (Deepika Padukone), a timid, studious fellow. Fate collides them at two separate but defining timings on a holiday together. A perfect rom-com for the weekend, in my opinion.

"Main udna chahta hoon, daudna chahta hoon, girna bhi chahta hoon ... bus rukna nahi chahta" - Bunny

Translation:

"I want to fly, I want to run, I even want to fall ... I just don't want to stop"


5. Baghban (2003)


You might want to grab tissues for this one. I believe it is one of those movies with such powerful (note, I have italicized the word powerful which makes it 10 times more powerful) dialogues. They will hit you right where your tiny heart is.

Baghban (The Gardener) is a movie about an elderly couple, Raj (Amitabh Bachan) and Pooja (Hema Malini) whose tireless efforts to raise their four sons breaks their hearts when they grow up to treat their them as burden. 

This movie, breaks my heart every time I watch it. It is warming and teaches great value of love.

"Ek baap agar apne bete ki zindagi ka pehla kadam uthane mein uski madad kar sakta hai ... toh wahi beta apne baap ke aakhri kadam uthane mein usse sahara kyun nahi de sakta?" - Raj

If a father can help a son to take his first step in life ... then why can't the same son support his father to take his last step in life?


4. 3 idiots (2009)


3 idiots taught me great deal. It taught me to not be afraid of following what my heart desires.

A rich comedy about two friends who are on a journey to finding their lost buddy. They deal with a forgotten bet, crash a wedding and an out of control funeral.

I could go on and on about this movie but you'll only understand when you watch this. (Specially recommended to students and teachers and parents and...EVERYONE)

"Dost fail ho jaye toh dukh hota hai ... lekin dost first aa jaye toh zyada dukh hota hai"

"It feels bad when a friend fails ... but it feels even worse when he comes first"


3. Jaane tu Ya Jaane Na (2008)


Oh, my god! Here comes the top third! An Aamir Khan production guys! A movie which will leave you with such an incredible feeling of being happy! A perfect movie about friendship, love and ties.
JTYJN is about two best friends, Jai (Imran Khan) a cool tempered man and Aditi (Genelia D'souza) a hot tempered woman who are convinced that they are not in love and went on searching love for each other.

One of those movies, I can watch all day and religiously remember every dialogue.

2. Queen (2013)


THIS. MOVIE. IS. AMAZING!
I can write an essay on how great this movie is. Every little scene, every dialogue, every punchline is incredible.
Rani Mehra (Kangana Ranaut), a woman from a traditional family goes on a solo honeymoon when her wedding gets called off.

I can watch this movie gazillion times and not get bored!

I learned so many things from Rani. Mainly, she taught me to be independent and live life on my own terms.


1. Kal Ho Na Ho (2003)



MY FAV MOVIE OF ALL TIME! THIS IS IT! THE ONE AND ONLY KAL HO NA HO GUYS!
Omg, I cannot begin to describe this movie had me in fits and cries. I swear to you, my reactions never fade when I watch this movie.

A movie about introverted girl, Naina (Preity Zinta) who falls in love with Aman (Shahrukh Khan) who has a secret of his own which changes everyone's life.

A 10/10 movie in my opinion. Changed my life, mind and heart. (Not a drag)

That's about it. Hope you like it!
Comment below your favs,

Until then,
SL off! x


0 comments:

Post a Comment