PUNJAB NAHI JAUNGI - MOVIE REVIEW || MOVIE MANIA

, , No Comments
Pakistani cinema is progressing which makes me so happy because this means that the talent of the nation is getting their chances and opportunities. Recently, I happened to watch a Pakistani movie, Punjab Nahi Jaungi which translates to I won't go to Punjab. 
I was pumped except for the part where my nerves reached a whole new level when the kids in the theater started whining about wanting to go home and nagging their mother with constant questions like;

WHEN WILL THE MOVIE END?

Not only that but somehow they thought kicking the back of my seat will speed up the movie time and it will end soon but that's another topic and we'll save it for my ramble.



Anyway, back to the movie review. Eid is all about great food, spending time with family and friends and of course the great release of most awaited movies. As a movie junkie I absolutely love it and so does my family. Therefore, it was decided already to spend a little time on watching Punjab Nahi Jaungi, a movie by Nadeem Baig.
Punjab Nahi Jaungi narrates the life of Fawad Khagga (Humayun Saeed) who recently gets his MA degree in political science and returns to Faisalabad. The whole family goes gaga and celebrates. Meanwhile, Amal (Mehwish Hayat) returns to her Karachi after studying in London. Fawad is all about his simple life, living with the traditions his ancestors had set where as Amal is straightforward, fierce and someone ready to break the stereotype chains.

To add a little spice in the plot, we are introduced with Durdana (Urwa Hocane) who is Fawad's cousin, madly in love with him and Wasay (Azfar Rehman) who is Amal's really good friend. (Nope, the boy isn't in the friend zone. Amal wants to marry him).

Fawad being in constant search for his 'Heer' (Diamond or in simpler terms his Juliet) falls instantly in love with Amal when he sees her picture. Talk about love at first sight.
With both the leads being completely opposite, the first half of the movie focuses on Fawad trying to impress Amal in ways one can only imagine. All in all, they both get married and things turn from good to bad to worst.

A film is much more about witty dialogues and emotional roller coasters. The film also focuses on issues which needs to be greatly highlighted and talked about.
An entertainment used to focus on topics as discrimination, patriarchy, feudal system in an absolute light manner. This one will leave you with giggles and a day well spent.

The characterization of the movie was really impressive. The chemistry between Humayun Saeed and Mehwish Hayat was impeccable. I was very surprised to see Urwa Hocane as the evil antagonist whom you'll love to hate a little. Azfar Rehman played a typical boyish character and in my opinion, at least what I wanted was for him to step aside because him and Amal didn't seem the mean't to be. Ahmed Ali Butt's character has to be my favorite. The timing of his comical dialogues had me in chuckles.

On the whole, the movie was a 3.5/5 in my opinion. I think it's a family entertainment you don't want to miss. Don't be surprised if you spend the next several days narrating the movie's catchy dialogues.

That's about it. I don't think I did justice to the movie by this hasty review. Nevertheless, I really wanted to. I hope you liked this review. Let me know your thoughts about the movie in the comments below.

Until next time,
SL being filmy signs off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment