AND THEN THERE WERE NONE - AGATHA CHRISTIE || BOOKS & BLABBER

, , No Comments
Hi,
How are you doing on this very fine day? I hope you're all doing super well! As promised, I told you people to expect a blog post soon and here it is. Guess what it is? You probably read the title. It's a mystery/thriller book review!

Before I begin, we all should do the ritual of a little disclaimer sh!t where I point out that I am no expert in reviewing books, I just write what I feel. There are a lot of amazing reviewers here on web, I am just a novice.

I grabbed this mystery novel by Agatha Christie which is apparently known as her 'masterpiece'. I really wanted to feel surprised and say, 'Oh my God! I didn't see that coming!' I was hoping it'll make me feel like that so I started reading And Then There Were None on 9th February, 2016 to be precise. I finished it right after six days and here are my SPOILER FREE thoughts/review.

This book is basically about ten people who are lured into coming to an island by a complete stranger under different pretexts, e.g. offers of employment or to enjoy a late summer holiday, or to meet old friends.

Island and party? I AM COMING FOR YA!



Things aren't always how we expect them now are they dear child?

Then it happens, through a gramophone, they are all accused of committing murders and it's just not like 'HEY YOU, YOU COMMITTED SO-AND-SO'S MURDER.' There are complete details of each murder that is being announced.
Everybody is shocked of course and obviously they don't confess rather defend themselves saying, 'Oh no no, they're mad! I didn't do it! It happened accidentally!'

However, within few minutes, one of them dies. *GASPS!* How? I ain't telling you! But here's something to interest you, murders are being executed in a manner that seems to parallel the ten deaths in the nursery rhyme (click to read!Thou scared yet?

So they all seem to then realize the above fact that it's no coincidence and that everything is going according to the murderer's plans. Now all they have to do is find out who is the killer and be safe. Is it someone from outside? Supernatural? Or...is it one of them? Dun dun dunnnn
Will they able to find out? Who is it? And what's the motive? 













I ain't telling you! MUAHAHAHAHH!

Since this review is SPOILER FREE I will refer to certain characters as random alphabets.
At first (not really first but in the middle) I was so sure about A being the murderer and then it changed to B, later my suspicion shifted towards D and then it came back to A.

Yes this actually happened. After my suspects started to become victims, my exact reaction was;
When I didn't read the epilogue, I was like;

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? THIS CAN'T END LIKE THAT! 

Later when everything was in front of me, I was startled by every single thing. 
That's pretty much it! I praise Agatha Christie for such an incredible plot and it's execution. Honestly it was mad genius! The way everything was planned left my mouth hanging. *Slow clap* 

So, did you like this review? Are you interested in reading this book? Or have you read it already? What do you think? 
Let me know in the comments below! Please share it with your friends and family. Spread the word about blog, it'll mean a lot! 

Until next time, 
SL all pumped signs off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment