FANGIRL - RAINBOW ROWELL (BOOK REVIEW) || BOOKS & BLABBER

, , No Comments
Hello there everyone!
It's been a long time since I last posted (due to my finals of course, which by the way went well. Thank you for asking) and to be honest I really missed blogging so here it is.

I recenty finished reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I'll be very honest, I started reading this book in June and finished it just a couple of days ago. No, I am not a slow reader, I just happen to read three books at the same time and then a little bit of sense hit me with a less stupid idea and I decided, it's about time I finish my books one by one.


This story basically revolves around two twins, Cath and Wren. Who are identical physically. However they are entirely different when it comes to their nature. Cath is more of an introvert, prefers staying indoors reading or writing while Wren is an extrovert and likes to party.
They did everything together until college happened (sucks, no?). 

So then, we join the journey of Cath, who by the way is internet famous for writing fanfiction about Simon Snow. We join Cath during the times her adjustment in college, experiencing new things or rather feelings, like love?

God I am really bad at describing plots, aren't I?

Anyway, there had been an incredible buzz surrounding this book and I really just wanted to grab it and read it to know what is it all about. You follow me? Like when you are really curious about one book.  

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit but I really thought that the author has revealed the deep dark secrets of us fangirls and how pieces of our lives are dedicated to either a fictional character, an artist, an actor, a tv show or what so ever.
And she did actually. Only Cath isn't anything like me if I am being honest.
Anyway, back to the review please. Rainbow Rowell has the style of creating quirky, fun characters. She didn't fail to impress me. I really liked the characters; Reegan, Levi, The father (Cath and Wren's father) and finally Cath. (In order). 

The start of the book had me very excited because it starts with Cath joining college and starting her year in the dorm room. I can obviously relate a bit to her and it was all nicely described.
 

She meets her roommate and eventually becomes friends with her. Further, she walks along the tracks of family issues, college bumps, little boy problems and fangirl problems.
That's what it is.

Basically when we got introduced to Levi, I loved his spirit so much. He's such lively character which makes you question if you should be more like him or what. Am I making sense?
Anyway, I liked this book. It was a fun read however I would like to admit that it got a bit drag in the middle. It seemed a little slow to me. 




But that's just my opinion. I did complete the book hence the review. So the total stars from my side to Fangirl are 3.5.

½

That's just it,
Let me know if you have read fangirl or will read it by commenting below!

Share it with people who might be interested!
Until next time,
SL signs off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment